Thursday, 19 July 2012

More Dredd-ful News

Okay, so I know I blogged about Dredd yesterday, but I've always been a fan of the first film (please, don't hate me), and as a kid I was very into Judge Dredd's Megazine and 2000AD. I bought every issue for a good few years (around the time Manga Mania kicked the bucket).

Yes, I understand I'm revealing myself to be a huge geek right now. But you know what, I don't care. I'm fabulous, anyway!

But back to the point: Alex Garland lays out his ideas for two Dredd sequels at SFX. SFX summarises:
So Dredd 2 will be “Cursed Earth” and Dredd 3 will be “Judge Death”? Sounds too good to be true. Is this some kind of moral blackmail? “If you don’t come to see the first Dredd, you won’t get to goodness that follows?” And Garland doesn’t even promise these plotlines, he just hints they could be used, and, as we all know, the best laid plans…
So apparently the film needs to make £50m for this to happen. That's do-able, right? Well only if we all get out there to watch the damn film. So put 7th September in your diary (21st if you live in the US). And watch it twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment