Wednesday, 28 December 2011

Five Tips for Author Marketing

I'm in the business of marketing books. My own, those I publish, those of my friends and colleagues. So occasionally I stumble upon articles giving a new perspective on the practice. Of course, what works for some doesn't work for others, and I'm loath to say there are any 'guaranteed' methods of marketing anything, but this post at The New Media Melee offers some useful thoughts you might want to consider in your next book marketing campaign. The five 'indisputable truths' offered are:
  1. Readers Are Creatures of Their Own Desires
  2. Readers Are Not All Alike
  3. Just Because You Build It Doesn’t Mean That They Will Come
  4. Quality Will Always Count
  5. All Marketing Is Good Marketing
While I believe nothing is indisputable (especially in marketing), I think these are important things to bear in mind. Check out the full article for more details.

    2 comments:

    1. Thanks for the Ann Allen link! That was a brilliant article!

      ReplyDelete
    2. You're welcome. I'm glad it was of some use.

      ReplyDelete