Monday, 26 January 2009

Year's Summary

According to my submissions tracker on Duotrope, I've submitted 6 items this past year. Of those, 'Paradise' was accepted for Kaleidotrope; 'A Labyrinth of Entrails' was accepted as the gruesome closer of Chimeraworld 5; 'The Corkscrew and the Bird' was accepted for The Twisted Twins Daily Chills Calendar; and 'Troglodyte Rose' was accepted for novel publication by CROSSING CHAOS enigmatic ink.

Today I sent two more submissions (one was poetry), and I'm still awaiting a response from Sam's Dot regarding my first novel, In the Garden of Gethsemane.

Add to this two academic sales (one to the University of Texas' Queering the Fantastic and one to the University of Glasgow's eSharp magazine) and a slew of regular non-fiction gigs in the UK LGBT press, and it's been a pretty accomplished year for me. I know many writers have more publications under their belts than this, even within the space of a year, but for someone who only decided to take up full-time writing 18 months ago, I think I'm on track for where I need to be.

Let's make the next 18 months even better!

2 comments:

  1. Yay for you Adam. I'd say VERY accomplished indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you :D

    Oh, and I haven't even mentioned Ozymandias yet! I will have to schedule another blog in for this, as it's way too cool to sit on.

    ReplyDelete