Thursday, 28 August 2008

Conceptual Art

Well I've been getting the first bits of conceptual art trickling through from Kurt Huggins & Zelda Devon, and I have to say I'm excited.

For those of you who don't know, Troglodyte Rose is an illustrated novel, or illustronovella, written by me and illustrated by the above pair. The couple illustrating have already won a Spectrum Fantastic Arts award for their illustration of my story 'Singer', which makes them perfect for this commission.

It's all beginning to feel very real now. It didn't before. If I'd been told I'd have a novel out a year ago, I'd have wet myself. I'd be running round screaming. Now I barely have time to think about it because the story was accepted on spec, with just a sample of writing and a detailed synopsis. Of course, I think Kurt and Zelda's art definitely swayed matters. And now I'm racing against time to finish the first draft by September 11th (the most ominous of deadlines).

Keep checking back and we'll keep you updated.

http://www.teeteringbulb.com/?p=380#comments

No comments:

Post a Comment